Episode No. 200 of The Modern Art Notes Podcast looks back at almost four years of conversations with a special episode that features some of our favorite MAN Podcast moments.
Producer/host Tyler Green and editor Wilson Butterworth selected nine segments that they recall fondly. Guests include:
- Jana Winderen on sound art (Episode No. 91);
- Robert Barry on making art out of radio waves (Episode No. 174);
- Zoe Strauss on choosing art-making over having children (Episode No. 10);
- Vija Celmins on exhibiting her work in Latvia after leaving as a World War II-era refugee (Episode No. 105);
- Mark Bradford on being a gay high-schooler and his need for creative outlets (Episode No. 19);
- Sheila Hicks on what she learns from Alexander Calder, Pierre Bonnard and others (Episode No. 152);
- Richard Serra on an ex-felon’s reaction to the Pulitzer Arts Foundation’s Joe (Episode No. 18);
- Barry McGee on what he learned from his late wife Margaret Kilgallen (Episode No. 144); and
- Jacob Kirkegaard on sound art (Episode No. 91).
This week’s banner is from Zoe Strauss’ Stay Alive (2001-08).
Air date: September 3, 2015.