UbuWeb offers an eleven-and-a-half-minute reel which features six Bas Jan Ader films, including:
- Fall 1 (Los Angeles 1970);
- Fall II (Amsterdam 1970);
- I’m Too Sad To Tell You (1971);
- Broken Fall (Geometric) [West Kapelle - Holland];
- Broken Fall (Organic) [Amsterdamse Bos - Holland]; and
The second segment of this week’s Modern Art Notes Podcast features Alexander Dumbadze. Dumbadze’s new book, “Bas Jan Ader: Death is Elsewhere,” mixes the story of Ader’s life and work in a thoughtful and entertaining way. Published by the University of Chicago Press, it’s the most significant book on Ader’s life and work published to date. Dumbadze teaches art history at The George Washington University in Washington.